It may be way too early to redraft the 2022 NBA Draft but we are going to give it shot. Some players still will be drafted based on potential in this mock redraft.
- Paolo Banchero – Banchero still goes No. 1 here. He won Rookie of the Year and could easily be an All Star this season. His PPG is up to 23 this year and the Magic look like they could make the playoffs.
- Chet Holmgren – Already Holmgren is one of the best defensive players in the NBA. His height has been a problem and he can run the floor and shoot the ball.
- Jalen Williams – A big change here as Williams was picked 12th originally. Now he is probably the second or third best player on one of the top teams in the West.
- Keegan Murray – Murray has shown flashes of being really good but now it’s all coming together. He scored 47 points in a game this season and shot 44% from three in December after a rough start.
- Bennedict Mathurin – Mathurin has been up and down in the NBA. When he is playing well he looks like one of the best scorers in the league. Then there are times when he barely gets off the bench. A slow start has been flipped as he’s averaging over 20 PPG in January.
- Shaedon Sharpe – This guy can score and his shooting percentages aren’t terrible. It is a bit concerning that he is not starting for the Blazers but as far as points per minute, he is great. Sharpe has star potential
- Jalen Duren – Maybe the only other young player who could be a star on the Pistons, Duren has looked great on both ends and is big and athletic.
- Tari Eason – In both seasons so far he is playing just 21 minutes per game. In limited minutes he has been great and could be a great above-average-role player for a long time.
- Mark Williams – The starting center for the Hornets has been great when healthy. Hopefully he can get healthy after playing just 43 games last year and just 19 of 35 games so far this year. Williams is a little under Duren even when healthy.
- Christian Braun – The ultimate role player for Denver has been great. He plays less than 20 MPG but is shooting over 38% from three and is a good defender as well as athlete. He sneaks in here in a weaker draft compared to the 2021 NBA Draft.
Photo Credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hunter_Sallis_Chet_Holmgren.jpg